Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, processing vendor invoices in Timberscan, reconciling bank accounts monthly, performing a variety of administrative duties including answering incoming telephone calls and greeting visitors as well as other designated duties assigned by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Perform various checking, posting, typing, filing and other clerical duties, primarily those related to accounts payable. Receive and sort assigned invoices. Verify accuracy, match pertinent data. Research and clarify any missing or questionable data with vendors and company personnel. Verify pricing to contracts where applicable. Scan and enter invoices into Timberscan accounts payable system. Perform these functions for the assigned properties and for the management company.
- Pull invoices to be paid for weekly check run. Verify that invoices were correctly entered into Timberscan and bring attention to any errors that need to be reprocessed before check is issued.
- Compile and match all supporting documents to monthly labor billings for the management company.
- Reconcile all real estate and security deposit bank accounts monthly for both affiliated and non-affiliated companies. . Research discrepancies and bring to the attention of the bookkeeper and accountant for correction. File bank reconciliations electronically.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation and funding requests for third party accounts as assigned.
- Prepare replacement reserve reimbursement requests and assemble supporting documentation for management contracts.
- Maintain the EMS schedule for commercial and residential properties. Send tax exempt certificates to utilities.
- Communicate and assist property accountants and controller with expense allocations by identifying all necessary data needed to complete timely reporting.
- Prepare and distribute monthly Variance and General Ledger reports for property managers.
- Prepare agendas for third party Board Meetings and attend as required to take minutes for meetings.
- Assemble and submit all MBE/WBE reporting to Mass Housing.
- Maintain all certificates of insurance for vendors. Enter information in software. Track expiration of insurance for vendors and obtain updated certificates. Assure proper additional insured wording on certificates.
- Prepare work orders and route them to appropriate staff members when owners/tenants call office requesting service.
- Using basic terminology of property management and subsidized housing assist staff by performing diversified administrative duties.
- Be familiar with Appleton and O’Connell Companies’ organizational structure and staff in order to take and relay messages to appropriate personnel including providing information within the limits of established policy. Exercise judgement in handling urgent matters.
- Set up forms and type a variety of confidential and technical reports when applicable.
- Provide coverage for receptionist area on an alternating schedule by greeting visitors, answering the phone, routing calls to appropriate staff members and working in accordance with established procedures as stated in the receptionist manual.
- Order supplies as needed.
- Provide back-up for vacations or other absences for similar positions.
- Maintain consistent and reliable attendance.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Knowledge of elementary accounting procedures, office procedures and accounts payable.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Prior experience with Timberline a plus
- Bilingual strongly preferred
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension and profit sharing. EOE.
Please submit your cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org