Responsible for assisting the Property Manager of a 160 unit Tax Credit/Market rate Community, with the day-to-day operations of the property.
Responsibilities include, however, not limited to daily interaction with residents, leasing apartments, heavy phone contact, rent collections and assisting the property manager with maintaining resident files in accordance with program guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Heavy customer service responsibilities to include; daily interaction with residents, heavy phone contact to include in-coming and out-going calls, greeting prospective resident and vendors.
Assigned typing and filing.
Processing annual certifications in conjunction with program guidelines.
Knowledge of computer software systems to assist in preparing reports, rent rolls, resident receivables, certifications and re-certifications.
Assist Property Manager with monthly rent collections and processing through the on-site software system. Assist with following up on delinquent rent.
Coordinates and maintains resident files, in accordance with Appleton and Agency guidelines.
Coordinates the recording and filing of Maintenance work request forms.
Sorting and distribution of office mail and miscellaneous other office functions as required.
Maintain and update property waitlist in accordance with program guidelines.
Adhere and always operate within all Fair Housing Guidelines.
Consistent and reliable attendance.
Always display a professional appearance and maintain a positive attitude.
Perform other similar or associated duties as responsibilities necessitate or as assigned.
Required to be cross-trained for the Property Manager’s duties to assist in the absence of the Manager, but is not routinely responsible for these duties.
Occupancy – Maintain occupancy at established levels as directed by the management of Appleton Corporation.
- Assist Marketing Director with completing marketing plans as requested
- Shopping local competitors, be familiar with the target market
- Ensure that established sales/leasing techniques and methods are used effectively and by all staff members
All staff will follow the following guidelines:
- Meet, greet, and interview prospective residents in a professional manner
- Show available units when open and processing applicants for tenancy.
- Accept rental applications for review and approval within Fair Housing Regulations
- Provide new residents with an orientation to the residential guidelines of the apartment community.
- Adhere and operate within all Fair Housing Guidelines.
- Knowledge of elementary bookkeeping and various office procedures.
- Strong typing skills and some personal computer knowledge.
- Equivalent to high school plus some additional training.
- Up to one year of experience with Tax Credit, section 42 program. Customer Service, Sales or prior Leasing Experience.
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, pension and profit sharing. EOE. Send your resume and cover letter to Lisa Verville, firstname.lastname@example.org.