The Assistant Project Manager with Daniel O’Connell’s Sons will work under the direction of a Project Manager or other senior project management and is responsible for a variety of administrative functions on assigned construction projects including procurement of materials and supplies, placement of subcontracts, processing of change orders, and communicating with client, architect, and suppliers.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage subcontract requirements, change orders, requests for information, submittal schedule, submittals of samples and shop drawings, shop drawing review, punch lists and close-out issues.
- Obtain approvals as required from architects, engineers or owners.
- Coordinate MEP subcontractor layouts and system start-up/commissioning.
- Expedite and coordinate supplies and services during construction.
- Produce as-built drawings.
- Provide quantity take-offs for change-order estimates.
- Assist project management in securing subcontractor pricing.
- Assist with invoice approval as requested.
- Assist Project Management in maintenance and management of project schedule.
- Assist Superintendents with administrative requirements, field problems and interpretation of contract documents.
- Monitor subcontractor personnel for adequacy to meet schedule requirements
- Maintain necessary project files and records.
- Perform other similar or associated duties as responsibilities necessitate or as assigned.
- Experience: 1-3 years.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or similar discipline), Construction Management, or work experience equivalent to four years of college education.
- 10 hour OSHA training preferred
- Broad knowledge of construction methods, principles of architecture and civil engineering.
- Familiar with supervisory practices and techniques.
- Ability to use software required to perform the essential job functions.
- Participation in company’s continuous improvement program.
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform the duties required by this position.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension, and profit sharing.
Positions are available at various locations throughout the New England/Eastern NY and Southeast Florida regions. Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in advance.