Under the general direction of the Project Superintendent or senior project supervision, an Assistant Project Superintendent with Daniel O’Connell’s Sons assists in directing and coordinating construction and related activities in order to maintain project quality standards, progress and completion schedules, safety program compliance, and achieve or improve on cost estimates.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the Superintendent in safeguarding the construction area.
- Ensure safety rules and regulations are followed by employees, subcontractor personnel, and visitors.
- Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc. to maintain production, as required.
- Assist in preparing and submitting a variety of cost, progress and other reports and analyses, as required.
- Supervise craft workers assigned to area of responsibility.
- Assist in planning and coordinating the preparation of job sites for access roads, field office, storage, toilet facilities, etc.
- Assist in arranging for delivery of tools, supplies, equipment, and material.
- Assist in maintaining equipment in good operating condition; arrange with Yard for maintenance and repair.
- Maintain appropriate files on project correspondence, records, and controls.
- Provide liaison between field engineering, estimating, and crafts to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Maintain relationships with labor and union officials as required to prevent labor disputes and secure the best craftspeople.
- Perform other similar or associated duties as responsibilities necessitate or as assigned.
- Experience: 1-3 years.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or similar discipline), Construction Management, or work experience equivalent to four years of college education.
- 10 hour OSHA training preferred
- Broad knowledge of construction methods, principles of civil and architectural engineering.
- Familiar with supervisory practices and techniques.
- Capable of using necessary software required by the position.
- Participation in company’s continuous improvement program.
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform the duties required by this position.
Positions are available at various locations throughout the New England/Eastern NY and Southeast Florida regions. Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in Advance.