Under the supervision of the BIM/VDC Manager, this position will perform a wide range of BIM and detail drafting duties on various types of engineered systems used on Company projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitate collaboration and communication from preconstruction through construction by using VDC/BIM technology and processes.
- Responsible for reviewing architectural, structural and mechanical designs and interpretations in support of Corporate construction activities.
- Drafting of plans for designs prepared by other engineers for use by field personnel.
- Develop building information models and work with designer models to extract quantities, perform clash detections, and develop 4-D project schedules.
- Assist BIM/VDC Manager in preparing guidelines and processes for project requirements and in the development of BIM plans and strategy.
- Assist BIM/VDC Manager with laser scanning of existing conditions.
- Develop models from point clouds for use during coordination.
- Produce models for proposals and presentations to support business development and marketing.
- Experience: Zero to Three years.
- Education: Four year degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD required.
- Experience with Navisworks, Synchro Pro, BIM 360, Bluebeam preferred/to be developed.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension, and profit sharing.
Positions are available at our Holyoke, MA office location. Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in advance.