ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Timely preparation of Appleton and all third party financial statements. Responsible for supervision and training of accounting staff. Under direction of Financial Vice President relative to Corporate Accounting Policies. Under supervision of President of Appleton Corp. relative to operational and day-to-day accounting functions.
- In conjunction with Controller of O’Connell Development Group, Inc., manage the financial activities of designated subsidiary and affiliated companies, including financial statement preparation and review, compliance with appropriate regulatory and loan requirements, required filings and audits.
- Manage the financial activity of Appleton and all third party entities, including proper disbursement or transfer of funds, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger and budget activities. Manage cash balances, requirements and transfers, prepare required forms for Federal and State Agencies and Financial Institutions, maintain compliance with appropriate regulatory and loan documents for all third party entities. Perform various asset management functions for all third party entities including capital planning, financing and real estate tax evaluation, Review State and Federal income tax returns for all third party entities.
- Responsible for instituting appropriate systems of internal control to safeguard Corporate, third party and, with the assistance of the O’Connell Development Group Controller, affiliated assets. Work with Regional Property Managers, Senior Site Manager and Accounting Staff to maintain controls over rent collection and purchase policies and procedures.
- Provide necessary Appleton financial information to Assistant Corporate Controller for consolidated Parent Company financial reports and statements, by specified deadlines, as required. Review appropriate workpapers and maintain standardization of workpapers for outside audit review.
- Complete workers’ compensation and various liability policy audit packages for Appleton Complete all required insurance information for third party entities. Review accuracy of audited premiums.
- Meet with third party owners and Board of Directors’ as required to review financial information and answer questions. Correspond with Federal and state agencies, financial institutions and owners as necessary. Assist in management of tenant relations for third party commercial clients.
- Perform commercial leasing analytics and financial impacts of various leasing structures for review with consulting clients and third party owners. Prepare and review commercial lease abstracts with senior staff.
- Perform employee evaluations for accounting staff. Meet with employees as needed (at least annually) to evaluate their progress towards goals and objectives, as agreed upon with the President of Appleton Corporation and Financial Vice President.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance or equivalent education plus experience.
- Knowledge of Corporate and Real Estate accounting practices and procedures including HUD and Non-Profit Accounting.
- Knowledge of Government Audit Standards.
- Familiar with financial reports for Real Estate Divisions.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Timberline experiences a plus.
- Seven or more years of progressive experience in Real Estate Accounting and Management.
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension and profit sharing. EOE.
Please submit your cover letter & resume to:
HR at O’Connell Companies, 480 Hampden Street, Holyoke, MA 01040
Or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org