Under the direction of the Building Maintenance Superintendent, incumbent is responsible to perform minor maintenance and custodial tasks in offices, rest areas, common areas, and restrooms, maintaining these areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
The activities listed below are not all inclusive. However, they are indicative of the types of activities normally performed by the Custodian.
• Responsible for keeping exteriors, common areas, vacant units, sidewalks and alleyways of property in a clean and safe condition.
• Assist in other types of basic maintenance, when necessary.
• Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, corridors, elevators, stairways, and any other areas as assigned.
• Reports to Maintenance Supervisor onsite and Property Manager.
• Maintains professional relationship with other staff members.
• Maintains professional rapport with residents.
• Maintains professional rapport with contract laborers working on property.
• Sweep, scrub, wax, and polish floors. Clean rugs, carpets, and furniture and window treatments.
• Dust and polish furniture and equipment fixtures. Polish metal work.
• Wash walls, and woodwork. Wash door panels and sills.
• Empty waste baskets. Transport trash and waste to disposal areas.
• Perform other similar or related duties assigned by management.
• Adhere to Policy and Procedure.
• Consistent and reliable attendance.
• Continuously work to insure the health and safety of residents, tenants, coworkers, vendors and self.
Vacuums carpets. Sweeps and mops tile floors
Washes windows (interior/exterior).
Keeps sidewalks clean (i.e., sweep or shovel).
Picks up trash. Empties and sanitizes trash cans.
Assists in inventory control of all janitorial equipment and supplies.
Check locks while working in specific areas.
Report maintenance problem areas ASAP.
Attend staff meetings, as required. Attend resident meetings, as required.
Assist with miscellaneous social program activities (e.g., set-up, pick-ups, clean-ups, etc.)
Basic knowledge of basic custodial tasks. Equivalent to high school or trade school education.
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, pension and profit sharing. EOE.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to Lisa Verville email@example.com