Working under the direction of the Chief Estimator, generally responsible for estimating quantities of materials and related items for bids.
Essential Job Functions
- Take-off quantities of materials from construction documents and specifications in order to prepare job estimates.
- Contact subcontractors for bid pricing and assist subcontractors to resolve questions. Receive and evaluate sub-bid prices.
- Examine field conditions for proposed job location.
- Prepare preliminary schedules for job operation sequence.
- Prepare estimate summaries related to temporary and permanent structures for Cost Department Design.
- Assist Chief Estimator on day of bid in compiling final prices and preparing breakdown of final estimate.
- Interpret estimated items for field personnel.
- Perform other similar or associated duties as responsibilities necessitate or as assigned.
- Experience: 1-3 years.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or similar discipline), Construction Management, or work experience equivalent to four years of college education.
- Thorough knowledge of construction and estimating practices and procedures.
- Familiar with construction practices and techniques.
- Capable of using necessary software required by the position.
- Participation in company’s continuous improvement program.
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform the duties required by this position.
Positions are available at our Holyoke and Franklin, MA office locations. Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in Advance.