The Field Engineer at Daniel O’Connell’s Sons works under the general direction of the Project Superintendent or Chief Field Engineer to provide or assist with project layout and survey control.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide or assist in the location, using instrumentation, of contract limits and property lines, layout control lines, elevations, benchmarks on site referenced to established control points required.
- Maintain a log of control and survey work as it progresses.
- Produce clear drawings or sketches of As-Built conditions for record drawings.
- Research and prepare field design change requests to resolve design problems with A/E or client.
- Perform trigonometric calculations as required.
- Verify all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Assist construction superintendents and others in estimating quantities.
- Assist construction superintendents in coordinating subcontractors.
- Assist in submittal of samples and shop drawings, shop drawing review, punch lists and close-out issues.
- Experience: 1-3 years. Minimum of one year similar construction and/or surveying experience.
- Education: Four year Civil Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Working knowledge of surveying techniques, equipment standards and procedures.
- Capable of using necessary software required by the position. AutoCAD is desirable.
- Broad knowledge of civil engineering and architectural practices and techniques.
- Familiarity with construction principles and methods.
- Participation in company’s continuous improvement program.
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform the duties required by this position.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension, and profit sharing.
Positions are available at various locations throughout the New England/Eastern NY and Southeast Florida regions. Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in advance.