- Actively participate in planning and directing the development, implementation and maintenance of the company’s safety programs to ensure compliance within company, OSHA and other applicable safety regulations and standards in a manner that leads to a safe and injury free work environment.
- Work with all levels of company personnel to identify, evaluate, eliminate and/or control potential workplace safety concerns in order to achieve a hazard-free workplace for employees, sub-contractors, clients and visitors.
- Participate in the maintenance of the company’s Safety Training by delivering and tracking necessary subject matter as well as the development of new safety training, designed to strengthen the overall safety culture of the company.
- Support other members of the safety team as needed.
- Coordinate safety auditing programs including corrective action plan tracking (internal/external).
- Provide functional expertise and strategic direction to achieve company goals.
- Work alongside key individuals to build and sustain a high standard of safety behavior for all employees and managers that is reinforced through feedback and coaching
- A minimum of five (5) years with a strong desire to travel within the New England area, with some overnight stays, is required. Position is 85% field work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Science, Safety Engineering, or the equivalent in combined education and experience, a minimum of five years of outstanding safety oversight and program administration are required. A strong understanding of, and ability to effectively communicate with company, state and federal safety regulations and requirements is a must. Certification as a Safety Professional and/or a Master’s Degree is highly desired.
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin. Daniel O’Connell’s Sons will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in Advance. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO EAMARO@OCONNELLS.COM