Reporting directly to the plant’s Chief Electrician, performs any “hands-on” electrical and instrumentation maintenance related duties and project work as directed by the Chief Electrician. I & E Tech performs electrical troubleshooting, calibrations, Instrumentation troubleshooting, repairs, and installations as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsible for the safe performance of general I & E maintenance of all plant equipment including preventive maintenance, diagnostic and repair work, calibrations, installation of new or replacement equipment, and maintenance of tool and supply inventories. Maintain maintenance and calibration history in the Plant CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) database. Troubleshoots and repairs SCADA and PLC problems.
Plant equipment includes but is not limited to the following:
- Transformers and switchgear for main building power supply
- Motor control centers
- Motors, starters, power supplies, and electrical circuits
- Variable frequency drives and PLC’s
- Distributed process control systems (GE IFIX is the plant SCADA system)
- Thermocouples, pH probes, flow meters differential pressure and other process instrumentation,
- Proof of operation devices, such as proximity switches, limit switches, etc.
- Reciprocating and centrifugal pumps and chemical feed pumps
- Natural gas burner controls
- Pneumatic conveyance systems
- Large horsepower fans
- Large thermal machines (dryers, afterburners, plant boilers, scrubbers, etc.)
- Fire protection devices and alarm systems
- Large centrifuges and controls
- air compressors & nitrogen generator
- Dust collection equipment & controls
Perform preventive maintenance on equipment as necessary using O&M manuals and plant CMMS as reference.
Perform the following “hands-on” related functions or any other related functions including but not limited to:
- Preventive maintenance on motors, drives, starters, switches, and other electrical components.
- Troubleshoot equipment that will not start or run and provide feedback on reason for failure.
- Inspect electrical and instrumentation devices for signs of corrosion or wear.
- Perform calibrations of equipment as necessary
- Monitor electrical equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Run new wires or conduit as needed for electrical system maintenance or upgrades.
- Support project work for process upgrades.
- Maintain all facility owned tools in good working condition.
- Document all repairs, calibrations, installations and other work in the CMMS system
- Update P&ID’s with changes as necessary
- Follow all Company safety policies and perform all work in a safe, professional, and workmanlike manner.
Job requires considerable lifting, bending, climbing ladders, as well as other strenuous physical activity.
Due to community sensitivity of plant operations, great care must be used at all times for seemingly minor issues.
Maintain reliable attendance performance.
- Knowledge and experience in the Instrumentation and Electrical fields.
- Must have equivalent of high school or industrial/technical school education.
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must have or be able to obtain MA hoisting licenses 1C and 3A within one year of being in the position.
- Minimal travel may be required to support other NEFCO plants when necessary.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in instrumentation and electronics environment.
*Shift is 6:00AM to 2:00 PM with some overtime expected
This is a full time position. NEFCO offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and a 401(k). EOE. Send resume and cover letter to Lisa Verville at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time