This position is under the direction of the Property Manager. Incumbent is responsible for independently handling the general assigned Appleton properties, referring major maintenance situations to supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform complex repair and preventive maintenance tasks on buildings and facilities.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain minor plumbing, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Install minor modifications to buildings.
- Perform painting and minor carpentry tasks.
- Utilize a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Assist in the movement of furniture, and snow removal.
- Perform and document work orders.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections, housekeeping inspections, and program inspections.
- Assist in maintaining security throughout the building.
- Carry a cell phone and respond to emergency calls. Must be “on call” nights and weekends as determined by the needs of the building
- Purchase supplies and oversee the work of subcontractors.
- Complete all purchase orders for submittal in a timely manner
- Clean assigned building common areas.
- Coordinate turnover of apartments with internal staff and outside contractors
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must have two to three years of apartment maintenance experience.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- General knowledge of trades
- Ability to work independently
- Provide a high level of service for both external and internal customers and clients
- Exhibit a spirit of teamwork
- Contribute ideas for department success
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension and profit sharing. EOE.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org