The Office Engineer at Daniel O’Connell’s Sons works under the direction of the Chief Engineer to plan, design, and schedule temporary construction systems into the construction work of a project. Such systems include concrete formwork, earth excavation and retention, work platforms and scaffolding, craning and hoisting, dewatering, utility support, temporary bracing and all other necessary systems that are not a permanent part of the completed structure.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide assistance to the Estimating Department during preparation of bids.
- Provide quantity take-off surveys and preliminary designs for temporary structures.
- Provide guidance to Project Superintendent and trade foremen at job site to ensure proper installation and use of temporary system designs.
- Perform job-site inspections of installed temporary system designs.
- Update computerized CPM schedules. Meet with Project Superintendents, Project Managers, and subcontractors for schedule updating and monitoring of job progress.
- Prepare and distribute project schedule update reports in accordance with the project specifications.
- Assist with project layout as needed.
- Perform other similar or associated duties as responsibilities necessitate or as assigned.
- Experience: 1-3 years.
- Education: Four-year degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Addition Experience: EIT or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices.
- Familiar with architectural, mechanical, machine designs and related techniques.
- Broad knowledge of construction practices and procedures.
- Capable of using necessary software required by the position.
- Participation in company’s continuous improvement program.
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform the duties required by this position
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension, and profit sharing.
Positions are available at our Holyoke, MA office location. Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in advance.