Under the direction of the Plant Manager, ensures safe equipment and facility operation, performs testing to ensure efficient operation of the process equipment, and supports final product environmental compliance and distribution. Working with plant management and staff personnel, ensures best practice industry standards are maintained for safety, environmental, and production.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Perform all work in a safe, professional, and conscientious manner.
Monitor on-going process-related functions and data to ensure safe operations.
Participate in physical on-site trouble-shooting, repairs and maintenance activities.
In coordination with Plant Manager and Corporate VP of Safety, ensure effective safety program implementation, including safety procedures, safety equipment, safety meetings and recordkeeping. This position will perform activities such as:
- Ensure OSHA & MIOSHA compliance.
- Leading Safety Council and Action Register follow up.
- Lead root cause analysis for safety incidents and near misses.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely safety-related communications to plant personnel.
- Complete mandatory inspections such as: tanks, fall protection, AED, and cranes.
- Ensure timely document reviews such as: EAP, SPCC & LO/TO.
- Create and retain records such as: medical and OSHA 300/300A logs.
Work with Corporate Operations Manager to develop and implement detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for safe and efficient operations and maintenance.
NEFCO’s Corporate Process Engineer is responsible for evaluations, analysis, testing and other process engineering related activities at the plants. This position will work with the Corporate Process Engineer and other engineering team members. This position will perform activities such as:
- Perform testing and experimentation to support continuous improvement activities to constantly improve efficiency of the plant.
- Implement biosolids thermal drying technologies into existing process equipment and design.
- Evaluate retrofit/repair of thermal, air, and solids conveyance equipment. The system/equipment can include biosolids dewatering or drying equipment, conveyors, air treatment systems, and dried product storage and conveyance.
- Participate in engineering safety hazard reviews as needed for any proposed process changes.
NEFCO’s Corporate Product Manager is responsible for the development of product outlets, advanced agronomy programs and revenue generation. This position will perform activities such as:
- Ensuring product distribution activities maintain compliance with land application permits and all applicable state and federal laws.
- Providing logistics and support for land application programs, including Residuals Management Plan compliance, utilizing corporate product materials and support from the Corporate Product Manager.
- Working with Corporate Product Manager to implement product marketing opportunities for increasing product revenue.
Creation of the Monthly Operations Report (MOR)
- Experience in the operation of an industrial processing facility or Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Chemical, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working in a safety or engineering position in a municipal or private Wastewater Treatment Plant, or in an industrial processing facility.
This is a full time position. NEFCO offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, dental, vision, medical FSA and 401(k). EOE
Please submit your cover letter & resume to: email@example.com
HR at O’Connell Companies
800 Kelly Way
Holyoke, MA 01040