A Project Manager with Daniel O’Connell’s Sons provides overall management direction for a single project or two or more smaller projects. Reporting to either the Operations Vice President or designated senior project management. A Project Manager is responsible for the financial and operational progress of a project. They are also responsible for building positive relationships with the client, design team, subcontractors and other project stakeholders to facilitate construction activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Establish project objectives, policies, jobsite procedures and set performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Supervise all administrative functions starting with preconstruction through substantial completion and warranty period including project buyout, and start-up.
- Provide coordination between the client, architect/engineer and subcontractors.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the Company’s interest.
- Develop and manage project schedule.
- Negotiate, prepare and sign subcontracts, changes and major material purchases.
- Recognize, assess and follow through on all project changes.
- Ensure project methods and procedures are adequate, include logistics, jobsite planning, scheduling, timely schedule updates, productivity/cost control, claims management, requisitions and closeout will meet Company objectives in terms of quality, time, safety and profit.
- Direct the project safety program and ensure company safety standards are observed.
- Implement Company project control systems.
- Promote the Company’s capabilities and ensure long-term relationships with project clients, architects and engineers are maintained for future business acquisition efforts.
- Develop and maintain subcontractor/vendor relationships as well as those with local and/or state officials.
- Adhere to EEO policies and practices.
- Perform other similar or associated duties as responsibilities necessitate or as assigned.
- Experience: 5-7 years.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or similar discipline), or Construction Management.
- 10 hour OSHA training required, 30 hour preferred
- Broad knowledge of construction methods, principles of architecture and civil engineering.
- Skilled at employing supervisory practices and techniques.
- Ability to use software required to perform the essential job functions.
- Strong problem solving skills and decisive decision making skills.
- Familiarity with construction project scheduling software.
- Participation in company’s continuous improvement program.
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform the duties required by this position.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension, and profit sharing.
Positions are available at various locations throughout the New England/Eastern NY and Southeast Florida regions. Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in advance.