A Project Superintendent with Daniel O’Connell’s Sons, working under the general direction of a Project Manager or senior project supervision, is responsible for directing and coordinating construction and related activities through supervising subordinates, subcontractors, engineering, clerical and other personnel, and is accountable for maintaining project quality standards, progress and completion schedules, safety program compliance, and achieve or improve on cost estimates.
Essential Job Functions
- Promote and enforce compliance with the Safety Program and work with the Safety Director to develop the site specific safety plan. Ensure that all rules regulations and requirements are adhered to by all employees, subcontractor personnel and visitors.
- Participate in or conduct jobsite meetings to coordinate progress of the work, A/E, Owner and subcontractors along with discussing changes, problems, successes and future planning.
- Prepare cost projections or other reports required to properly monitor job progress.
- Establish and maintain an on-site equipment inventory. Arrange for proper storage of all equipment, tools, materials and supplies.
- Establish a cooperative atmosphere with subcontractors, as well as the owner, architect, and engineer.
- Supervise and coordinate all DOC field engineers, foreman, and trade contractors.
- Determine, in consultation with the Project Manager, the workforce requirements and coordination of schedule details. Follow progress of work, assign and reassign personnel or layoff in accordance with company procedures as required, to meet changing conditions and maintain full utilization of equipment and manpower.
- Handle personnel grievances and complaints within limits of Company policy.
- Maintain relationships with labor and union officials as required to prevent labor disputes and secure the best craftspeople. Assist in labor negotiations as requested to insure project harmony.
- Train new foreman as required to perform those portions of the work that DOC is self-performing.
- Perform other similar or associated duties as responsibilities necessitate or as assigned.
- Experience: 5-7 years.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or similar discipline), Construction Management, or work experience equivalent to four years of college education
- 10 hour OSHA training required, 30 hour preferred
- Construction Supervisor’s license preferred
- Broad knowledge of construction methods and supervisory practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of governing laws, rules, regulations, codes, and safety requirements pertaining to all phases of the work.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension, and profit sharing.
Positions are available at various locations throughout the New England/Eastern NY and Southeast Florida regions. Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in advance.