The Property Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of one forty (40) unit Section 8 property and one fifty (5) unit Tax Credit property. Responsibilities for day-to-day operations include; staff supervision, maintaining occupancy and corresponding waitlist. Financial oversight to include monthly rent collections and operating within the property’s owner approved budget. Experience with Section 8 and Section 42 with COS and C3P designations are required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ICAM to prepare reports of cash receipts, rent rolls, aged tenant receivables, A/R summaries, security deposit recaps, move ins, move outs, certifications, and re-certifications.
- Maintenance of the availability waiting list for building occupancy.
- Responsible for supervising all site staffs daily responsibilities and overseeing the operations of the site.
- Performs all required verifications to determine the qualification and rental amount for each resident/household.
- Prepares rent reconciliation on a monthly basis. Complete and submit monthly vouchers to HUD for subsidy payment.
- Assist maintenance department in coordinating apartment inspections, painting program, extermination program, re-carpeting program, and daily work orders.
- Assist in budget preparation and monitoring of building expenses to stay within budget.
- Inspect apartments upon move-outs and move-in’s and report any discrepancies.
- Follow up on delinquency reports and send to supervisor for appropriate action.
- Assist supervisor and Regional Property Manager in coordinating resident activities including meetings, suppers, etc.
- Prepare for and assist in the annual Project Management Review, Management Occupancy Review, Compliance reviews and HUD REAC inspection conducted by Mass Housing or any external Monitoring Agencies.
- Prepare Weekly Reports and forward to Compliance Manager.
- Always display a professional appearance and attitude for all property staff supervised and all prospective and current residents.
- Occupancy – Maintain occupancy at established levels as directed by the management of Appleton Corporation.
- Completing marketing plans as requested
- Shopping local competitors
- Ensure that established sales/leasing techniques and methods are used effectively and by the Assistant Manager where appropriate
- All staff and ownership will follow the following guidelines
- Meet, greet, and interview prospective residents in a professional manner
- Show available units when open
- Accept rental applications for review and approval
- Provide new residents with an orientation to the residential guidelines of the apartment community.
- Assist the Resident Service Coordinator in designing, implementing, and maintaining a resident retention program(s).
- Hold weekly staff meetings.
- Two years’ experience in related field with Section 8, Section 42 and Fair Housing required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ICAM.
- Knowledge of typing, basic bookkeeping, and computerized accounting systems, as well as standard office procedures.
- Equivalent to high school plus broad ongoing specialized training in HUD and State regulations.
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension and profit sharing. EOE.
Please submit your cover letter & resume to: HR at O’Connell Companies, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040
Or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please