Responsible for the day to day operations of the property. Responsibilities include; staff supervision, maintaining occupancy and corresponding waitlist. Financial oversight to include monthly rent collections and operating within the property’s owner approved budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsible for supervising all site staffs daily responsibilities and overseeing the operations of the site.
Performs all required verifications to determine the qualification and rental amount for each resident/household.
Prepare rent reconciliation on a monthly basis. Complete and submit monthly vouchers to HUD for subsidy payment.
Provide guidance and leadership to assigned site-staff.
Assist maintenance department in coordinating apartment inspections, painting program, extermination program, re-carpeting program, and daily work orders.
Assist in budget preparation and monitoring of building expenses to stay within budget.
Inspect apartments upon move outs and move ins and report any discrepancies.
Follow up on delinquency reports and send to supervisor for appropriate action.
Maintain and update property waitlist in accordance with HUD guidelines.
Assist assigned Resident Service Coordinator with resident activities to include meetings, holiday parties, social functions etc. Also assist RSC with designing, implementing, and maintaining a resident retention program(s).
Prepare for and assist for any State Agency reviews such as annual AMR or MOR. Assist in preparation for any HUD REAC inspections.
Prepare assigned weekly and monthly reports and forward to appropriate Senior Staff members.
Always display a professional appearance and maintain a positive attitude.
Consistent and reliable attendance.
Occupancy – Maintain occupancy at established levels as directed by the management of Appleton Corporation.
- Assist Marketing Director with completing marketing plans as requested
- Shopping local competitors, be familiar with the target market
- Ensure that established sales/leasing techniques and methods are used effectively and by all staff members
All staff will follow the following guidelines
- Meet, greet, and interview prospective residents in a professional manner
- Show available units when open
- Accept rental applications for review and approval within Fair Housing Regulations
- Provide new residents with an orientation to the residential guidelines of the apartment community.
- Hold weekly staff meetings.
- Adhere and operate within all Fair Housing Guidelines.
Prepare reports of cash receipts, rent rolls, aged tenant receivables, A/R summaries, security deposit recaps, move ins, move outs, certifications, and re-certifications.
- Knowledge of typing, basic bookkeeping, and computerized accounting systems, as well as standard office procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ICAM to
- Equivalent to high school plus broad ongoing specialized training in HUD and State regulations.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Two years’ experience in related field with Section 8 and Fair Housing required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Real Page software.
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, pension and profit sharing. EOE. Send resume and cover letter to Lisa Verville at firstname.lastname@example.org