• Responsible for the day to day operations of the property.
• Responsibilities include; staff supervision, maintaining occupancy and corresponding waitlist.
• Financial oversight to include monthly rent collections and operating within the property’s owner approved budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Responsible for supervising all site staffs daily responsibilities and overseeing the operations of the site.
• Performs all required verifications to determine the qualification and rental amount for each resident/household.
• Prepare rent reconciliation on a monthly basis. Complete and submit monthly vouchers to HUD for subsidy payment.
• Provide guidance and leadership to assigned site-staff.
• Assist maintenance department in coordinating apartment inspections, painting program, extermination program, re-carpeting program, and daily work orders.
• Assist in budget preparation and monitoring of building expenses to stay within budget.
• Inspect apartments upon move outs and move ins and report any discrepancies.
• Follow up on delinquency reports and send to supervisor for appropriate action.
• Maintain and update property waitlist in accordance with HUD guidelines.
• Assist assigned Resident Service Coordinator with resident activities to include meetings, holiday parties, social functions etc. Also assist RSC with designing, implementing, and maintaining a resident retention program(s).
• Prepare for and assist for any State Agency reviews such as annual AMR or MOR. Assist in preparation for any HUD REAC inspections.
• Prepare assigned weekly and monthly reports and forward to appropriate Senior Staff members.
• Always display a professional appearance and maintain a positive attitude.
• Consistent and reliable attendance.
Occupancy – Maintain occupancy at established levels as directed by the management of
• Assist Marketing Director with completing marketing plans as requested
• Shopping local competitors, be familiar with the target market
• Ensure that established sales/leasing techniques and methods are used effectively and by all staff members
All staff will follow the following guidelines
• Meet, greet, and interview prospective residents in a professional manner
• Show available units when open
• Accept rental applications for review and approval within Fair Housing Regulations
• Provide new residents with an orientation to the residential guidelines of the apartment community.
• Hold weekly staff meetings.
• Adhere and operate within all Fair Housing Guidelines.
• Prepare reports of cash receipts, rent rolls, aged tenant receivables, A/R summaries, security deposit recaps, move ins, move outs, certifications, and re-certifications.
• Knowledge of typing, basic bookkeeping, and computerized accounting systems, as well as standard office procedures.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office & Real Page software
• Equivalent to high school plus broad ongoing specialized training in HUD and State and Fair
• Two years’ experience in related field with Section 8 and Fair Housing required.
• Bi-lingual required.
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, pension and profit sharing. EOE. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com