Appleton Corporation (subsidiary of The O’Connell Companies, Inc.) has been providing comprehensive & responsible property, facility, & asset management services since 1974 has an opening for a Station Manager at Union Station located in Springfield, MA.
Responsible for the overall responsiveness of personnel and subcontractors in the development and implementation of the policies, procedures and programs that will assure satisfied tenants and well maintained buildings, placing maximum emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, tenant retention efforts, environmental health and safety, and quality programs in coordination and conjunction with the SRA’s goals and objectives. Reports to the Regional Property Manager – Commercial.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Understand and administer the provisions of each tenant’s lease.
- Liaison with each tenant as the Stations’ primary point of contact regarding all issues including parking, signage, work orders, capital improvements, security, etc.
- Provide assistance to accounting department as needed for CAM reconciliation, billing of work, invoice approval, budget preparation, etc.
- Coordinate with Chief Engineer to keep a list of complaints and grievances for trending purposes using company approved software. Responsible, with the Chief Engineer, for a positive and prompt response to requests from tenants, consistently assist tenant needs and communication to assure problems are being solved promptly.
- Maintain consistent, positive relationship with all SRA and City of Springfield representatives.
CONTRACT SERVICES ADMINISTRATION-TENANT AND CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS
- Maintain daily log of construction, security and inspection activities, including any safety matters.
- In conjunction with the Chief Engineer, Station Manager is responsible for the selection of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and day-to-day monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Along with the Chief Engineer, prepare, coordinate and ensure that all fire, life safety, and other safety programs are established and followed.
- Provide oversight of the Chief Engineer regarding maintenance of the facility.
- 10 years’ experience as a facility manager in a comparable building(s)
- BOMA, IFMA certification
- Four-year degree in building design, construction management, business or a similar field, or work experience that would provide a similar knowledge base.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Demonstrated superior verbal/written communication skills
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service.
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension and profit sharing. EOE.
Please submit your cover letter & resume to: HR at O’Connell Companies, 480 Hampden Street, Holyoke, MA 01040
Or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org