Under direction of the I. T. Manager, analyzes systems and programming requirements and identifies the most efficient methods to achieve desired results. Performs programming duties using several languages and assumes selected duties of Manager during periods of absence. Orders hardware and software as needed. Setup and install Personal Computers and servers with the I.T. Manager. Maintain software updates on servers and P.C’s track hardware and software changes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes present programs and systems to ensure that department is producing management and financial information that meets the needs of its users.
- Act as primary Help Desk analyst to assist users who may experience PC problems.
- Performs a variety of systems tasks such as upgrade to existing software, documenting and coding using knowledge of corporate approved application software including the complete Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prepares program test data, analyzes test results, debugs and prepares related documentation.
- Assist in Virtual Network maintenance including Active Directory, Accounting Software, Engineering Software, and Hosted E-mail system.
- Provides training to users and responds to variety of inquiries and requests. Conducts research and investigation as necessary.
- Perform Project office visits to maintain Users, PC’s, Fileservers, and other IT related equipment for current upgrades and analyzing user installed software for corporate acceptance.
- Perform Project Office setup including Router, Switch, Printers, File Servers and PC in a local area network using Cable, DSL, Satellite, and wireless services.
- Conducts variety of special project assignments.
- Assists in administering service contracts on technical products.
- Assist with the programming and maintenance of our telephone system, Voice Mail Systems, work with other Departments on special projects.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fills in for Assistant I. T. Manager as necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of profession through review of literature, attendance at seminars, peer associations, etc.
- Maintains current records and library reference materials.
- Attends meetings to provide technical assistance and recommendations related to system analysis and programming.
- Performs selected duties of Assistant Manager Position as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Duties require knowledge of business administration and computer science equivalent to completion of two to three years of college.
Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in information systems analysis and programming.
Experience with SAGE 300 CRE desired, but not required.
This is a full time position. The O’Connell Companies offer a competitive salary & excellent benefits we are an EOE. Please submit your cover letter & resume to:
HR at O’Connell Companies; 800 Kelly Way; Holyoke, MA 01040
Or electronically to: email@example.com
No phone calls please