Under the direction of the Operations Manager and in conjunction with the Master Mechanic relative to heavy equipment, responsible for coordinating the purchasing, maintenance and manning of Company equipment, vehicles, construction tools and supplies. Overseeing the maintenance of the physical plant and facilities to insure the building and grounds are safe and functional; supervising Yard personnel; administration of all invoicing, contracts and paperwork; assist in establishment of Department budget; and participating in financial analysis and decision making for various rental and ownership options.
- Oversee and schedule maintenance personnel; coordinate service and repair requirements and preventative maintenance schedules with Master Mechanic; process job requests for various tools and supplies and equipment.
- Oversee ordering and maintenance adequate inventory of maintenance parts, materials, tools and supplies. Manage company fleet, fuel cards and EZPASS; participate in establishing fleet policies; receive, verify, approve and process all invoices in Timberscan associated with the Yard operations.
- Maintain all requires permits, registrations, filings, certifications and reporting of equipment, facilities and operations; code, approve and process weekly time for all Yard personnel in hh2 software.
- Manage Toolhound inventory/billing software; and provide accounting department with all necessary information, coding and supporting documentation to properly charge jobs and bill third parties and affiliates.
- Periodically review effectiveness of Yard Personnel’s efforts in administration of their respective programs and make recommendations or assist with the development of plans, policies and programs with company management.
- Maintain discipline and good personnel relations. Handle grievances and complaints within establish limits.
Two year college degree preferred or equivalent management experience. Basic knowledge of construction tools, materials, equipment and maintenance of the same.
A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience.
This is a full time position. Daniel O’Connell’s Sons offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, life insurance, pension, and profit sharing.
Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in advance.