This position is under the direction of the Maintenance Superintendent and/or Property Manager. The incumbent will assist the Building Maintenance Superintendent in handling general maintenance requests at assigned properties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in the timely turnover of apartment units including painting, cleaning, carpet shampooing, etc.
- Assist with snow removal in winter months to assure the safety of tenants and visitors to the building.
- Will respond to after-hours and weekend emergencies on a rotating on-call schedule with the Maintenance Superintendent to handle all emergency maintenance requests.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Perform and document Work Orders.
- Utilize a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain minor plumbing, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Perform painting and minor carpentry tasks.
- Assist in maintaining security throughout the property.
- Consistent and reliable attendance.
- Continuously work to insure the health and safety of residents, tenants, coworkers, vendors and self.
- Provide a high level of service to both external and internal customers and clients
- Exhibit a spirit of teamwork
- Contribute ideas for unit success.
- Ensure that established sales/leasing techniques and methods are used effectively and by all staff members
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to respond to a call within 30 minutes.
- Knowledge in a skilled trade and understanding of building codes.
- Must be experienced with machines, tools, equipment, and work aids such as hand tools, electrical tools, power tools (gas driven) and air tools.
- Minimum of three months of relevant experience.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401(k) plan. EOE.