ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Position reports directly to the Chief Operator and is primarily responsible for receipt of incoming WWTF sludge truck deliveries and outgoing shipments of pellets. Included in this primary responsibility are: safety concerns for both the assistant operator and the drivers of the trucks; knowledge of proper use of the control panel for the sludge conveyor unloading systems, controls for the pellet oil system and unloading pellets from the silos; effective and courteous communication skills with truck drivers; timely response to the needs of the customer in emptying sludge trucks or filling pellet trucks; accurate measurement on the weight scale for the bill of lading of shipments and the paperwork for receipts; report any mechanical or electrical issues (after simple troubleshooting) to Supervisor in a timely manner: a clean work area is an important responsibility as well. Overhead doors in receiving area must be closed at all times unless trucks are moving in and out of the area – to reduce odors from escaping.
The secondary responsibility of the Assistant Operator is assisting the Chief Operator and Chief Maintenance Mechanic which includes:
- Assisting with the heat drying process as directed
- Assist with dewatering/filtering of condenser solids
- Preventive maintenance as assigned
- Maintaining tool and maintenance supply inventory
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
The Assistant Operator needs to review the facility’s equipment O&M’s to become familiar with the plant operation and equipment so he/she is able to assist when working, operating, or monitoring any of the following equipment:
- Various Control Panel(s) function
- Screw and Belt Conveyors
- Fork Lift Truck
- Pneumatic conveyance systems
- Reciprocating pumps
- Electrically and pneumatically controlled valves and sludge gate
- Chemical feed systems
- Valves and piping components
- Pressure Washers
Duties also include:
- Understanding of lock-out/tag-out procedures to safely isolate equipment and remove it from service.
- Understanding of confined space entry permits for safe implementation.
- Housekeeping, janitorial, facility cleaning, grounds keeping duties, building and tank cleaning
- Weed eating.
- Laboratory analysis on collected samples in conformance with Standard Methods.
- Inspection of equipment and evaluates problems following a checklist or task guide.
- Performing all work in a safe, professional, and workmanlike manner.
- Complete OSHA 30 Training
- Knowledge of mechanical discipline.
- High school diploma or equivalent or technical school education required
- OSHA 10/30 hour training completion desired
- Forklift license desired
- Wastewater Operator C-License or Operator In Training desired
This is a full time position. NEFCO offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and a 401(k). EOE.