- Under the general direction of the Field Operations Director or more senior job supervision, responsible for a variety of administrative functions of assigned construction projects including procurement of materials and supplies, placing of subcontracts, processing of change orders, communications with clients, architect and supplier. Expediting and coordinating supplies and services during construction.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities. Assist project management in building the project data base and tracking, logging, updating, disturbing and corresponding on subcontract requirements, change orders, requests for information, submittal schedule, submittals of samples and shop drawings, shop drawing review, punch-lists, and close-out issues. Obtain approvals as required from architects, engineers or owners. Assist with invoice approval as requested.
- Coordinate MEP subcontractor layouts and system start-up/commissioning and produce as-built drawings. Study the projects MEP systems by thoroughly reviewing the drawings and specifications and communicating with subcontractors.
- Provide quantity take-offs for change-order estimates. Assist project management in securing subcontractor pricing. Contact subcontractors and suppliers regarding deliveries, schedules, availability of materials, pending estimates and other related project matters. Visit supplier facilities as directed and requires to facilitate or expedite deliveries. Attend periodic meetings as requested by project management to coordinate progress, discuss changes and other project issues.
- Provide mentoring, training and guidance to develop employees’ junior in grade to assume additional responsibilities leading to career progression within the Company to maintain a high level of morale and work satisfaction.
Knowledge of construction methods and materials, purchasing and expediting functions. Sufficient general background to deal with clients, vendors, architects, etc. in a professional manner. Equivalent to four years of college education.
Over five and up to seven years.
Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in Advance.