Under the direction of the Product Distribution Manager, enhances existing and identifies new product marketing opportunities, implements biosolids land application outreach programs, and keeps abreast of biosolids regulatory trends. Working with plant management and staff personnel, augments local product marketing activities as needed to lower costs and provide diversification.
The Detroit, MI plant will be the primary focus of the position with additional work for the Quincy, MA plant and minimal work in NEFCO’s other facilities. This is subject to change based on business needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Perform all work in a safe, professional, and conscientious manner.
Approximately 25-50% of time domestic travel.
Product Distribution (approximately 70%)
- Work directly with existing and new end user customers to ensure they understand agronomic, soil, and beneficial use considerations so customers can become NEFCO’s ambassadors and to jointly develop spreading solutions as needed.
- Immediately respond to any biosolids land application complaints including site visits and meetings with town or city officials.
- Interact with local politicians, farm bureaus, conservationists, etc. as needed for ongoing understanding of biosolids use in local plant areas.
- Understand, support, and enhance existing agriculture customers for all NEFCO plants, working closely with all Plant Managers and Distribution Manager.
- Identify and seek beneficial relationships with potential agriculture customers for all NEFCO plants with a focus on increasing product revenue. Marketing approach will include agronomic considerations.
- Establish multi-layered marketing and distribution plan for agriculture markets to enhance diversification and financial performance of plants.
- Identify innovative product marketing opportunities to increase diversity through soil blending, land reclamation, and alternative fuel projects.
- Provide logistics and technical guidance for land application programs, including agronomy, as needed for local plant support.
- Work with plant administrators to organize trucking logistics and site/stockpile locations.Outreach Programs (approximately 15%)
- Focus outreach programs through customers, farmers, and the local agricultural communities.
- In conjunction with the Product Distribution Manager, develop and continuously improve marketing materials that will educate users on biosolids benefits and use.
- Develop science-based literature promoting safe and beneficial recycling of biosolids.
- Attend biosolids and agriculture-related conferences.
- Present technical papers at conferences as opportunities arise.
- Develop biosolids agriculture and turf research projects in conjunction with associations or universities.
- Regulatory (approximately 15%)
- In conjunction with the Environmental Compliance Manager, ensure product distribution activities maintain compliance with land application permits and all applicable state and federal laws.
- Understand state-by-state differences in biosolids regulations and provide regulatory support to plants as needed.
- Assist in developing regulatory strategies to optimize product placement and value.
- Monitor and understand regulatory trends such as PFAS, phosphorus limitations, micro-contaminants, and personal care products and their potential impact on NEFCO product marketing.
- As needed, be involved with national, regional and local biosolids organizations to positively influence laws and regulatory decisions.
- Meet and correspond with regulators as needed for new or existing land application permits or permit compliance.
- Knowledge and experience in the use and recycling of biosolids.
- Associate’s Degree in Soil Science or Agronomy or comparable, or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Certification in soil agronomy desired but not required.
- Three to five years of experience working with biosolids recycling and soil science.
- Must be able to travel domestically 25-50% rarely requiring overnight stays.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
This is a full time position. NEFCO offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including a 401(K), health, dental, vision and Life Insurance, and paid vacation. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.