Under the direction of the Building Maintenance Superintendent, incumbent is responsible to perform minor maintenance and custodial tasks in offices, rest areas, common areas, and restrooms, maintaining these areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The activities listed below are not all inclusive. However, they are indicative of the types of activities normally performed by the Custodian.
- Responsible for keeping exteriors, common areas, vacant units, sidewalks and alleyways of property in a clean and safe condition.
- Assist in other types of basic maintenance, when necessary.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, corridors, elevators, stairways, and any other areas as assigned.
- Reports to Maintenance Supervisor onsite and Property Manager.
- Maintains professional relationship with other staff members.
- Maintains professional rapport with residents.
- Maintains professional rapport with contract laborers working on property.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and polish floors. Clean rugs, carpets, and furniture and window treatments.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment fixtures. Polish metal work.
- Wash walls, and woodwork. Wash door panels and sills.
- Empty waste baskets. Transport trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Perform other similar or related duties assigned by management.
- Adhere to Policy and Procedure.
- Consistent and reliable attendance.
- Continuously work to insure the health and safety of residents, tenants, coworkers, vendors and self.
- Vacuums carpets. Sweeps and mops tile floors
- Washes windows (interior/exterior).
- Keeps sidewalks clean (i.e., sweep or shovel).
- Picks up trash. Empties and sanitizes trash cans.
- Assists in inventory control of all janitorial equipment and supplies.
- Check locks while working in specific areas.
- Report maintenance problem areas ASAP.
Attend staff meetings, as required. Attend resident meetings, as required.
Assist with miscellaneous social program activities (e.g., set-up, pick-ups, clean-ups, etc.)
- Provide a high level of service for both external and internal customers and clients
- Exhibit a spirit of teamwork
- Contribute ideas for department success
- Basic knowledge of basic custodial tasks.
- High school or trade school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of three months of relevant experience.
- Ability to lift 20lbs
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401(k) plan. EOE.
Send resume to email@example.com.