This position is under the direction of the Property Manager. Incumbent is responsible for independently handling the general assigned Appleton properties, referring major maintenance situations to supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform complex repair and preventive maintenance tasks on buildings and facilities.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain minor plumbing, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Install minor modifications to buildings.
- Perform painting and minor carpentry tasks.
- Utilize a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Assist in the movement of furniture, and snow removal.
- Perform and document work orders.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections, housekeeping inspections, and program inspections.
- Assist in maintaining security throughout the building.
- Carry a cell phone and respond to emergency calls.
- Supervise building’s assigned maintenance and custodial staff.
- Purchase supplies and oversee the work of subcontractors.
- Clean assigned building common areas.
- Consistent and reliable attendance.
- Continuously work to insure the health and safety of residents, tenants, coworkers, vendors and self.
- Provide a high level of service for both external and internal customers and clients
- Exhibit a spirit of teamwork
- Contribute ideas for department success
- Knowledge of basic trades, procedures and equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational training required.
- Minimum of one year or prior maintenance experience.
- Prior supervisory experience desired.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401(k) plan. EOE.