Position reports directly to the plant’s Chief Mechanic. Incumbent performs any “hands-on” mechanical maintenance related duties as directed by the Chief Mechanic or authorized designee. Oversees all maintenance related activities performed by any assigned labor team.
Essential Job Requirements
Responsible for the general maintenance of all production equipment including preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, diagnostic and repair work, installation of new or replacement equipment and to maintain tool and supply inventories. Should have a thorough understanding of how to maintain and operate the following process-related equipment:
- Bulk solids handling equipment such as screw/belt conveyors, pneumatic transporters
- Fluids transport equipment such as valves, fittings, centrifugal and air operated diaphragm pumps (CPVC and stainless steel)
- Air handling equipment such as air compressors, fans, scrubbers and HVAC systems
- Lifting and hoisting equipment such as fork lift trucks, man baskets, chain falls, gantry and crane hoists
- Hazardous chemical systems such as sodium hydroxide and sulfuric acid
- Furnace equipment involved with drum dryer operations
- Maintain trainings and certifications up to date
Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on equipment and facility per established maintenance protocols
Perform the following “hands-on” related functions or any other related functions but not limited to:
- Rotating equipment maintenance and repair
- Maintain process lubrication systems
- Replace sections of process, drain and vent piping and their connections
- Repair, maintain and/or replace any process or balance-of-plant furnace burners or related equipment components
- Preservation of structural steel or process equipment
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance procedures including application of analytical and diagnostic tools (vibration, infrared, ultrasonic testing)
- Maintain housekeeping standards at a high level, cleaning up work area at the end of each job or shift
- Adhere NEFCO lock out tag out protocol
Job requires considerable lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, climbing ladders, entry into confined spaces, respirator use as well as other strenuous physical activity.
Due to community sensitivity of plant operations, great care must be used at all times.
- Knowledge of general machine designs – mechanical discipline and/or industrial trades, welding, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Must have equivalent of high school or industrial/technical school education
- Certified welder’s license and/or pipe fitters (FL) license preferred.
Minimum of one to three years of experience operating and or maintenance in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Possesses OSHA 10 or 30-hour certification
- One or more years of experience performing maintenance in a combustible dust environment (Class II Division II)
- Previous experience with computerized maintenance management systems like SAP, Maximo, eMaint
Expected Work Schedule
- Normal working schedule is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Rotating on-call support
- Sunday overtime expected for planned shutdowns
- Support fill in for operations as needed
This is a full time position. NEFCO offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including a 401(K), health, dental, vision and Life Insurance, and paid vacation. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org