Position reports directly to the Plant Manager. Incumbent will operate, monitor, and maintain process-related equipment to ensure that equipment operational parameters are not exceeded so that safe and efficient process schedules are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Perform all work in a safe, professional, and conscientious manner in accordance with all NEFCO policies and procedures. Responsible for the general operation of equipment involved with the sludge dehydration process, including dewatering, drying, and truck loading. Operate, monitor, and maintain any of the following pieces of process-related equipment or systems:
- Rotary dryers
- Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers
- Centrifuge dewatering equipment
- Polymer make down systems
- Reciprocating and Centrifugal Pumps
- Screw and belt conveyors
- Electrically and pneumatically controlled valves and sluice gates
- Chemical feed systems
- Batching tanks and dry bulk storage vessels
- Service air compressors
Duties also include:
- Take sludge, filtrate, cake, and pellet samples
- Record flows, temperatures, pressures, etc.
- Maintaining process parameters within set guidelines and notifying the Plant Manager of upset conditions
- Troubleshoot system and equipment problems.
- Operate plant equipment independently without direct supervision during off-shift hours.
- Review process data logs and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in daily and long-term operations and maintenance planning, providing input on equipment maintenance priorities.
- Ensure that conditions affecting plant operations are reported and tracked using the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Perform administrative tasks as delegated by the Plant Manager.
- Obtain and maintain a wastewater treatment plant operator license.
- On-call availability for off-shift emergencies or planned efforts.
- Maintain a clean work place
Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of facility along with minor equipment maintenance and lubrication.
As directed by Plant Manager, work various schedules for sludge inventory management. Perform routine PM activities on overtime during shutdown periods. Maintain regular and reliable attendance performance.
Job requires considerable lifting, climbing ladders, as well as other strenuous physical activity.
Knowledge of general operation of an industrial or a wastewater treatment plant. Ability to communicate effectively and observe and document operations. Must have equivalent of high school or technical school education. Class S minimum Wastewater Treatment Plan Operator License preferred.
Prior experience as a treatment plant operator or in general operations, process, or manufacturing facility preferred.
*Shifts are 7:00AM to 5:00 PM or 2:00 PM to 12:00 AM. Actual work days per week vary.
This is a full time position. NEFCO offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including a 401(K), health, dental, vision and Life Insurance, and paid vacation. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.