Daniel O’Connell’s Sons is seeking a Project Manager with a minimum of five to seven years of heavy civil construction experience, water/wastewater or transportation. This individual will be ultimately responsible for the day-to-day execution, project controls, project engineering, cost, risk, and business management of a particular project. You will be responsible for coordinating and leading internal project team, trade partners, and clients throughout the preconstruction, construction and turnover of the project. This position will lead the efforts in the creation and adherence to the project timeline, project budget, trade partner contracts and negotiations, and internal and external project reporting.
Management will be of commercial/public projects within our core markets: institutional and commercial buildings, specialized industrial construction, infrastructure, and heavy construction. Project manager will report to designated Project Executive and work closely with all members of the project team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and manage the planning and scheduling of projects.
- Financial management of projects, including responsibility for Owner Pay Applications, Cost Oversee and manage the field staff / operations team assigned to a project.
- Complete project buy-out and procurement; including scope review and negotiation, issuance of Subcontracts and Purchase Orders, required submittals, delivery tracking and subcontractor and vendor management.
- Reports, Production Reports, and Cost & Revenue Projections.
- Monitor construction progress and work collaboratively with the superintendent to resolve any operational issues.
- Collaborate and communicate with preconstruction team, owner, architects, engineers and trade partners, develop and maintain relationships with all project stakeholders.
- Conduct or represent the company in all project related meetings and provide all required reports and documentation to ensure all partners are informed of project status and potential issues.
- Coordinate and communicate with other DOC departments as required; to include BIM, Scheduling, MEP, and Estimating.
- Lead the establishment and implementation of project specific safety goals and ensure compliance of DOC and subcontractor staff with project safety requirements.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- In-depth understanding of all major construction methods and procedures.
- Management experience; including financial, team leadership and negotiation skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills, including the ability to resolve conflict diplomatically.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to create and support team morale.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do”
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive knowledge of construction practices and procedures.
- Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in heavy civil construction project management role or related functions, water/wastewater or transportation, plus the willingness to learn and continuously improve processes are required.
- Experience in supervisory role with a demonstrated history of decision-making/problem-solving skills are essential.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Procore or similar), accounting cost management software (Sage or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- OSHA 30 Certification is required, LEED Certification, Lean Certification, CPR/First Aid Training is a plus.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside, traverse a construction site, utilizing stairs, ladders, etc and utilize personal protective equipment.
Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: email@example.com.
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to ensure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin. Equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability (including physical, mental, intellectual and learning disabilities), pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, AIDS/HIV, sickle cell trait, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, military status, marital status, or any other classification protected under state or federal law.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in Advance.