Provide overall field management for one or more construction projects. Management will be of commercial/public projects within our core markets: institutional and commercial buildings, specialized industrial construction, infrastructure, and heavy construction.
Works under the direction of the Project Manager and Project Executive. Makes decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact the company’s relationship with Clients and the project profitability. The Superintendent is the leader of the field management team – this individual is expected to have high levels of integrity and strong management skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Detailed planning and management of construction tasks and
- Direct and supervise layout and quality
- Manage field personnel; including DOC employed tradespeople and
- Determine staffing needs for tradespeople; work with local unions, hire and lay off workers as
- Manage field payroll, review and approve suppliers/vendor
- Manage and track any change order work, including subcontractor time and material
- Complete look ahead schedules and provide information for schedule
- Communicate with owner and engineer/architect
- Ensure the project proceeds on schedule and on
- Long term view of the overall direction of the project; identify areas of potential challenges early on in the work.
- Review submittals for constructability and coordination; submit RFI’s as
- Identify potential areas of cost savings and value engineering for the owner/client.
- Leader of jobsite safety protocols; ensure everyone on site is aware of and following DOC safety rules and regulations.
- In-depth understanding of all major construction methods and procedures.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to resolve conflict
- Understanding of field engineering principles and
- Field management
- Understand of trade agreements and ability to manage trade and labor
- Ability to serve as competent person for construction activities, including but not limited to; excavation, confined space, scaffolding, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Broad knowledge of construction practices and procedures. Equivalent to a four-year college education or technical training & experience.
- Minimum 5 years relevant construction
- Knowledge of general business software, including: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Bluebeam, etc, is required.
- Experience with project management software and scheduling software is
- OSHA 30 Certification, CPR/First Aid Training and Construction Supervisor’s License are required.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside, traverse a construction site, utilizing stairs, ladders, etc. and utilize personal protective equipment.
Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to ensure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin. Equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability (including physical, mental, intellectual and learning disabilities), pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, AIDS/HIV, sickle cell trait, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, military status, marital status, or any other classification protected under state or federal law.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in Advance.