POSITION: Project Superintendent – CT Building Division
- Under the general direction of the Project Manager or more senior job supervision, responsible for directing and coordinating construction and related activities on moderately difficult construction projects through subordinate supervision, subcontractors, engineering, clerical and other personnel with accountability to maintain project quality standards, progress and completion schedules and achieve or improve on cost estimates.
- Provide for the safeguarding of the construction area. Promote and enforce compliance with the Safety Program and work with the Safety Director to develop the site specific safety plan, assist in training and assign subordinates to various safety-related responsibilities. Attend and participate in the Tool Box Talks and monthly meetings and see that safety equipment is available and in use and all rules, regulations and requirements are adhered to by all employees, subcontractor personnel and visitors. Ensure that your Company Safety Manual and those in use by subordinates are kept up-to-date. Handle OSHA inspections and work with Safety Director to resolve any inspection issues or citations.
- Determine in consultation with the Project Manager or more senior supervision, the workforce requirements and coordination of schedule details. Supervise and coordinate all DOC field engineers, foreman, and trade contractors. Follow progress of work, assign and reassign personnel or layoff in accordance with company procedures as required.
- Manage the labor force, including accurately coding and controlling of on-site costs. Focusing on unit costs, as well as, overall budget. Provide quantities weekly for cost reports and review and analyze reports and initiate any necessary corrective action.
- Responsible for ensuring that all time cards are reviewed and approved. Approve and code all bills and material slips for project/
Broad knowledge of construction methods, principles of civil and architectural engineering. Familiar with supervisory practices and techniques. Equivalent to a college education.
Over one and up to three years.
Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to insure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in Advance.