- Responsible for the day to day operations of the property.
- Responsibilities include; staff supervision, maintaining occupancy and corresponding waitlist.
- Financial oversight to include monthly rent collections and operating within the property’s owner approved budget
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for supervising all site staffs daily responsibilities and overseeing the operations of the site.
- Performs all required verifications to determine the qualification and rental amount for each resident/household.
- Prepare rent reconciliation on a monthly basis. Complete and submit monthly vouchers to HUD for subsidy payment.
- Provide guidance and leadership to assigned site-staff.
- Assist maintenance department in coordinating apartment inspections, painting program, extermination program, re-carpeting program, and daily work orders.
- Assist in budget preparation and monitoring of building expenses to stay within budget.
- Inspect apartments upon move outs and move ins and report any discrepancies.
- Follow up on delinquency reports and send to supervisor for appropriate action.
- Maintain and update property waitlist in accordance with HUD guidelines.
- Assist assigned Resident Service Coordinator with resident activities to include meetings, holiday parties, social functions etc. Also assist RSC with designing, implementing, and maintaining a resident retention program(s).
- Prepare for and assist for any State Agency reviews such as annual AMR or MOR. Assist in preparation for any HUD REAC inspections.
- Prepare assigned weekly and monthly reports and forward to appropriate Senior Staff members.
- Always display a professional appearance and maintain a positive attitude.
- Consistent and reliable attendance.
- Occupancy – Maintain occupancy at established levels as directed by the management of Appleton Corporation.
- Assist Marketing Director with completing marketing plans as requested
- Shopping local competitors, be familiar with the target market
- Ensure that established sales/leasing techniques and methods are used effectively and by all staff members
- All management staff will follow the following guidelines
- Meet, greet, and interview prospective residents in a professional manner
- Show available units when open
- Accept rental applications for review and approval within Fair Housing Regulations
- Provide new residents with an orientation to the residential guidelines of the apartment community.
- Hold weekly staff meetings.
- Adhere and operate within all Fair Housing Guidelines.
- Prepare reports of cash receipts, rent rolls, aged tenant receivables, A/R summaries, security deposit recaps, move ins, move outs, certifications, and re-certifications.
- Knowledge of typing, basic bookkeeping, and computerized accounting systems, as well as standard office procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office & familiarity with on-site property management software
- Equivalent to high school plus broad ongoing specialized training in HUD and State and Fair Housing regulations.
- Two years’ experience in related field with Section 8 and Fair Housing requir
- Bi-lingual required.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Provide a high level of service for both external and internal customers and clients
- Exhibit a spirit of teamwork
- Contribute ideas for department success
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401(k) plan. EOE. Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com