The Property Manager is responsible for the day to day operations for a one hundred eight four (184) unit Section 8 property. Responsibilities for day-to-day operations include; staff supervision, maintaining occupancy and corresponding waitlist. Financial oversight to include monthly rent collections and operating within the property’s owner approved budget. Experience with Section 8 with COS designations is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and OneSite property management software to prepare reports of cash receipts, rent rolls, aged tenant receivables, A/R summaries, security deposit recaps, move ins, move outs, certifications, and re-certifications.
- Maintenance of the availability waiting list for building occupancy.
- Responsible for supervising all site staffs daily responsibilities and overseeing the operations of the site.
- Performs all required verifications to determine the qualification and rental amount for each resident/household.
- Prepares rent reconciliation on a monthly basis. Complete and submit monthly vouchers to HUD for subsidy payment.
- Assist maintenance department in coordinating apartment inspections, painting program, extermination program, re-carpeting program, and daily work orders.
- Assist in budget preparation and monitoring of building expenses to stay within budget.
- Inspect apartments upon move-outs and move-in’s and report any discrepancies.
- Follow up on delinquency reports and send to supervisor for appropriate action.
- Assist assigned staff and Regional Property Manager in coordinating resident activities including meetings, resident functions, etc.
- Prepare for and assist in the annual Project Management Review, Management Occupancy Review, Compliance reviews and HUD REAC inspection conducted by Mass Housing or any external Monitoring Agencies.
- Prepare Weekly Reports and forward to Compliance Manager.
- Always display a professional appearance and attitude for all property staff supervised and all prospective and current residents.
- Occupancy – Maintain occupancy at established levels as directed by the management of Appleton Corporation.
- Completing marketing plans as requested
- Shopping local competitors
- Ensure that established sales/leasing techniques and methods are used effectively and by the Assistant Manager where appropriate
Property Manager will follow the following guidelines
- Meet, greet, and interview prospective residents in a professional manner
- Show available units when open
- Accept rental applications for review and approval
- Provide new residents with an orientation to the residential guidelines of the apartment community.
- Assist the Resident Service Coordinator in designing, implementing, and maintaining a resident retention program(s).
- Hold weekly staff meetings.
- Perform other similar or associated duties as responsibility necessitates or as assigned.
Knowledge of typing, basic bookkeeping, and computerized accounting systems, as well as standard office procedures. Equivalent to high school plus broad ongoing specialized training in Fair Housing, HUD and State regulations.
Two years’ experience in related field with Section 8 and Fair Housing required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and OneSite (or similar) Property Management Software.
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401(k) plan. EOE.