Appleton Corporation (subsidiary of The O’Connell Companies, Inc.) has been providing comprehensive & responsible property, facility, & asset management services since 1974 has an opening for a full-time Resident Services Coordinator to work in our Fitchburg, MA location.
Responsible for the coordination of health and community related services that provide quality living experience for residents in assigned properties managed by Appleton Corporation
- Promote and encourage the maintenance and growth of Elderly, Families and Disabled persons independence by teaching and empowering all individuals to their highest level of functioning.
- Assist the elders/residents in accessing community services (i.e. dial-a-vans, meals-on-wheels, mental / medical counseling, home care services, and certified services).
- Periodically assist with social events for elders/residents; i.e. picnics, parties, special events, etc.
- Host health and wellness seminars and health clinics on a regular basis such as blood pressure screening, blood sugar, podiatry, nutritional, etc. to increase elder/residents awareness – utilizing necessary professionals.
- Receive resident referrals regarding lease violations and services needed to assist residents to remain in their units and be lease compliant.
- Make apartment visits to elders/residents, as necessary, to evaluate physical, mental, and psychological status.
- Monitor health and well-being of all elders/residents, as required. Be involved in family contacts, as necessary, for the purpose of resolving health-related problems of elders, when proper authorization has been obtained.
- Provide reports regarding day-to-day services, any lease violations, and activities provided.
- Attend all Appleton Corporation meetings and seminars as required. Flexibility required to assist with related events at multiple sites as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Building assignments are made at the discretion of management
- Associates’ degree in Human Services/Social Work or combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with seniors providing services in a housing environment or a social services organization.
- Bilingual required.
The O’Connell Companies offers a competitive salary & excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401(k) plan. EOE. Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com..