Responsible for the coordination of health and community related services that provide quality living experience for residents in assigned properties managed by Appleton Corporation.
- Promote and encourage the maintenance and growth of elders’/residents’ independence by teaching and empowering individuals to their highest level of functioning.
- Assist the elders/residents in accessing community services (i.e. dial-a-vans, meals-on-wheels, psychiatric counseling, home care services, and certified services).
- Periodically assist with social events for elders/residents; i.e. picnics, parties, special events, etc.
- Host health seminars and health clinics on a regular basis such as blood pressure screening, blood sugar, podiatry, nutritional, etc. to increase elder/residents awareness – utilizing necessary professionals.
- Receive resident referrals regarding lease violations and services needed to assist residents to remain in their units and be lease compliant.
- Make apartment visits to elders/residents, as necessary, to evaluate physical, mental, and psychological status.
- Facilitate support groups.
- Monitor health and well-being of all elders/residents, as required. Be involved in family contacts, as necessary, for the purpose of resolving health-related problems of elders, when proper authorization has been obtained.
- Provide reports regarding day-to-day services, any lease violations, and activities provided.
- Attend all Appleton Corporation meetings and seminars as required. Flexibility required to assist with related events at multiple sites as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Building assignments are made at the discretion of management.
- Associates’ degree in Human Services/Social Work desired
- 3-5 years’ experience with seniors providing services in a housing environment or a social services organization.
- Bilingual required.