- Develop, strengthen and maintain a high level of competence in construction safety. Must have solid written and verbal communication skills along with a strong work ethic. Must have the ability to access all points of a construction site such as but not limited to confined spaces, elevated heights, ladders, etc., in wide-ranging climates and environments including adverse weather conditions.
- Capable of working independently to determine priorities in a self-directed manner. Strong attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- The Ability to travel within the greater North East Region, with some overnight stays, is required as this position will be 85% fieldwork. Must have valid driver’s license. Demonstrate knowledge of Safety/Environmental principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Ability to make sound decisions with confidence.
- Ability to manage and embrace change. Respond and adapt to new processes and new ways of looking at old problems.
- Ability to maintain reliable and consistent attendance.
- The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside, traverse a construction site, utilizing stairs, ladders, etc. and utilize personal protective equipment.
Four-year degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering or similar.
- 3-5 years of construction safety experience preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be willing to obtain CHST designation within two (2) years of appointment.
- Must hold an OSHA 30 hour construction certification and be certified in First Aid/CPR/AED.
Please send resumes to the DOC Human Resources Department, 800 Kelly Way, Holyoke, MA 01040, or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees are expected to adhere to the equal employment opportunity policies and practices of Daniel O’Connell’s Sons in order to ensure that all employees are treated equally and that no distinctions are made in rates of pay, opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer because of an employee’s age, color, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin. Equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability (including physical, mental, intellectual and learning disabilities), pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, AIDS/HIV, sickle cell trait, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, military status, marital status, or any other classification protected under state or federal law.
Daniel O’Connell’s Sons will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you will need accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify our Human Resources Office in Advance.